13 Aralık 2010 Pazartesi
positive discrimination?
We have been talking about gender roles and issues for 2-3 weeks but I believe that we missed an important point. In our class, we somehow looked at the gender issues as a great problem for girls (it is indeed) Except the tough guy look issue for boys, we usually looked at how girls portrayed weak and delicate. However gender roles do not have only bad consequences. There are some examples where girls are positively discriminated. For instance, I personally tend to behave much more thoughtfully when there are some girls are around me. Very simply, I start to use fork and knives while eating rather than stuffing the food into my mouth as fast as possible. I tend to curse/swear less frequently etc... I mean, well, it is good to make girls more independent and powerful but sometimes the defenders of this gender issues can be funny. In our modern world I believe that girls are not in a such a bad situation and there is no need for such fuss. Some feminists exaggurate it soo much that even thoughtful people like me can be irritated about it. Do girls really want us to be the disgusting people we are when we are all boys? If yes why was I always bothered to act properly for my whole life?
Kaydol:
Kayıt Yorumları (Atom)
To me it seems like what you're talking about here is not really as much to do with positive discrimination but rather with civilised and polite behaviour... there is nothing wrong with being thoughtful - by all means continue to be civilised...
YanıtlaSilpositive discrimination would be the case when there are two applicants for a job and they have more or less the same qualifications and the person deciding who to hire choosing the female applicant in favour of the male counterpart purely based on her sex...