This week, we examined television's impacts from two opposite point of views. First watching a documentary which argues that television changes you, then an article that argues that television is merely an entertainment.
After reading them both, I still couldn't decide which side is more logical. I tink that this issue is one of those problems that doesnt have a short answer. Yes TV can change some people dramatically but also TV's effect might be too unimportant for others...
Personally, I believe that TV doesn't affect me that much (the problem is nobody thinks otherwise) I spent 2 months without any TV viewing during the summer so I feel safe about this topic. Even if TV really changes people, it is not going to be me!
ehehehe
YanıtlaSilkeeping fingers crossed for you...you mentioned earlier that you are a sceptic, that should help protect you:-)
YanıtlaSilyou're right there is no definitive answer to the question because ther is no universal way of using the TV instead everyone has their own habits of TV viewing, if one uses it consciously (by choosing which programs to watch and for how long instead of indiscriminate watching), questions the messages one sees and doesn't let it dominate ones life then there's nothing to be afraid of... I guess what's more problematic is that for many people it's become such an important part of their life that they watch it for hours and hours on end without thinking about what they see, questioning it or talking about it so that it really seems to have more of negative than positive effects...??
and Mehmet you're laughing because...?
YanıtlaSil*you think Deniz will be affected dramatically by the TV?
or....???